Capital Bank – Wake Forest, NC
A Teller Coordinators primary focus is to provide excellent customer service while performing a variety of banking functions and transactions and serves as the branch operational specialist. This position actively listens to the customers’ needs and guides and or cross sells the best product(s) and or service(s) to meet their needs. Teller Coordinator’s also enthusiastically generate individual and business referrals from customers in order to expand and build greater relationships within their communities.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; they are not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of the required responsibilities, duties and skills; Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties and requirements of this position at any time, with or without notice, as business needs dictate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides courteous, prompt and efficient customer service by:
a) Greeting all customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
b) Processing various banking transactions including savings and checking account deposits/withdrawals, check cashing, loan transactions, and other services.
c) Actively listening to customer needs to transition the relationship with the customer from a standard service interaction to a sales interaction providing appropriate guidance and cross selling ideas on other products and or services that will meet their various needs.
d) Generating referrals from existing customers and maintaining a list of top prospective customers; reaching out daily to prospects to inform them of available products and services offered by the company.
e) Assisting customers with mildly complex issues and referring the most complex issues to the Personal Banker and/or Branch Manager.
2. Provides operational expertise in the preparation of the monthly audit packages:
a) Building each packet, completing or assigning teammates to complete the various forms accurately and timely.
b) Compiling all forms, reviewing for possible issues and submitting the completed packet for the Branch Managers approval.
c) Ensures Internal Control receives copies of all audit packages; Branch Manager and Teller Coordinator share audit result feedback accordingly with teammates.
d) Makes recommendations to supervisor as needed.
e) Participates in the regularly scheduled operational conference call(s) or meetings; communicates all process and or procedural changes needing to be implemented to their Branch Manager and teammates as soon as practicable.
3. Comprehends and adheres to all security and compliance procedures for protection of cash, including consistent use of dual control; maintains customer confidentiality at all times.
4. Balances and reconciles all transactions on a daily basis, ensuring minimal cash overages or shortages; immediately reports discrepancies to supervisor for resolution; modifies actions to minimize discrepancies from occurring in the future.
5. May assist with the training of new tellers.
6. Maintains and implements up-to-date knowledge of job-related policies, procedures and processes; consistently follows and applies all banking regulations and Company policies and procedures.
7. Completes, passes and maintains an up to date status for all positional and company required compliance and regulatory courses by assigned due date(s).
8. Participates in special projects and assignments and performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma and or GED with at least six (6) months of Teller experience preferred.
• Ability to successfully complete Teller training and pass the final exam.
• Beginning knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system & Microsoft Word and Outlook; knowledge of banking software systems preferred.
• Ability to perform simple mathematic calculations.
• Ability to read and listen, understand and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Certifications and Licenses: None.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
CONTROL RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES: Become knowledgeable regarding the department’s internal controls as outlined in the policies and procedures and comply with all control requirements.
COMPLIANCE: Ability to comprehend and adhere to Federal and State banking regulations, including compliance with the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program. Follows all Company policies and procedures, and successfully participates in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
SAFETY, SECURITY and CONFIDENTIALITY: This position requires keeping complete confidentiality of all customer transactions and information, and paying close attention to security within and around the bank’s premises at all times.
The physical demands, travel and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. This position regularly uses a computer (keyboard/mouse/screen) and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
TRAVEL: Work includes limited or up to 10% travel and occasional trips outside the normally assigned geographic area with possible overnight stays.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is performed in a consumer banking/branch environment normally located inside a building. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This Job Description does not constitute a contract for employment and either the incumbent or the Company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
For more information, click here.