PHOENIX — Phoenix firefighters have rescued a man who became stuck after trying to re-enter a house through the chimney.
Fire Capt. Aaron Ernsberger says it took 30 minutes Sunday morning for firefighters to free the 23-year-old man.
He was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
Ernsberger says the man’s friends locked him out of the house as a prank. The man thought he could get back inside through the chimney.
Firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 3 a.m.
Phoenix Fire Department video shows firefighters chipping away at a chimney wall and pulling the man out.
The man, completely covered in soot, was able to walk but appeared to be limping.
For more information, click here.
A big tip of the hat to our amazing friends at WRAL for sharing this with us.