Goodbye sunshine; hello rain, cold temps

After several days of unseasonably warm weather, rain takes over the Triangle on Thursday before ushering in colder air for the weekend.

WRAL Chief Meteorologist Greg Fishel said that Thursday’s temperatures will remain mild, with a high of 67, but the chance for rain will increase steadily throughout the day. While he said that there is only about a 10 percent chance of rain by 7 a.m., that number increases to almost 90 percent by 7 p.m.

“By the time we get into the mid to late afternoon, the chances are pretty good that we’re going to have showers and even a few thunderstorms in the area,” said Fishel

The threat of wet weather remains in the region until Friday evening, although Fishel said that he expects to see the skies clear before Friday night.

Colder temperatures will follow the rain with highs in the 40s and lows in the upper 20s on Saturday.

“If you have anything planned for the outdoors, you’ll be fine. It’s just that it won’t be terribly warm,” said Fishel of the weekend.

Temperatures are expected to reemerge in the 70s on Wednesday in the Triangle.

,After several days of unseasonably warm weather, rain takes over the Triangle on Thursday before ushering in colder air for the weekend.

To read more from our amazing friends at WRAL, click here.

Check Also

Citizen Issue Reported: Abandoned Vehicle on Private Property

Wake Forest Issue Reported on Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:35:29 -0400: Abandoned Vehicle on Private …