We’ve all done it, left food in the microwave for a bit too long. A hot dog nuked for 4 minutes instead of 40 seconds makes for a petrified treat. But if you’ve burned popcorn in the microwave, that’s a smell you can’t get out of your house. That’s exactly the smell that was wafting out of the house at 1076 Trentini Avenue when we rolled up.
This afternoon a call went out for a structure fire. Turned out to be that damn food in the microwave problem.
So what happens when you over nuke your food in the microwave? It turns out you get extra house guests for dinner.
You might recognize Engine 3 from this article.
One thing is for certain, the kids playing on the street had an exciting afternoon and were excited by the action. When we got out of the car they started singing “Wake Forest News.” Great, now we need a theme song as well.