Fuquay-Varina, N.C. — A 16-year-old student was charged Monday with communicating threats after a “kill list” containing the names of several Fuquay-Varina High School students was discovered earlier this month.
The Fuquay-Varina Police Department said officers received a report on March 16 that two students at Fuquay-Varina High School had been advised by the creator of an alleged “kill list” that their names were at the top.
The suspect, who was identified on the Fuquay-Varina Police Department’s Facebook page as George Willis of Angier, was removed from the school campus along with his personal belongings, authorities said.
Police said that the list also included the name of Willis’ mother.
On March 17, Fuquay-Varina police received a second report that an additional suspect, identified in a search warrant as A.G., approached a student at the school and told that student that they were number five on the “kill list.”
According to the search warrant, A.G. was contacted by police on March 18 and acknowledged his involvement in preparing the handwritten list that was left in possession of Willis. Police said they have not yet verified the existence of the list.
Authorities said more charges are possible as the investigation continues.
Police said Willis has not returned to the school since March 16 and is currently receiving medical assistance.
Authorities said that there was never any danger to students at the school and no use of weapons or overt act of violence occurred at the school.
,A 16-year-old student was charged Monday with communicating threats after a “kill list” containing the names of several Fuquay-Varina High School students was discovered earlier this month.
To read more from our amazing friends at WRAL, click here.