On Wednesday afternoon at 12:33 PM the call went out for a residential structure fire at 409 North Raleigh Farms Road in Youngsville. The residence was the home of the Sanchez family who has lived there for the past 16 years.
The family reported the fire began after a strange outage of their electricity and appeared to begin in the bathroom where at least one space heater was plugged in. One resident, Lucy, reported hearing a loud pop before the fire. Smoke was spotted near the door to the bathroom, the fire had begun. The residents left the structure after spotting flames reaching the bathroom ceiling.
A number of fire trucks responded to the call including Youngsville Truck 341, Youngsville Truck 241, Youngsville Truck 41, and Franklinton Engine 64. Luckily a fire hydrant was located close to the property.
There were no apparent physical injuries and all of the pets were safe as well.