It was a relatively quiet weekend on the emergency front this past weekend. Of course Friday we had a house fire out on the edge of Wake Forest, read this.
But as far as Saturday and Sunday went, here is all we managed to capture.
By midday on Saturday the home under construction at 9504 Alydar Drive was still smoldering.
It reminded us of a scene from that moving with Robin Williams. “See it’s been pre-disastered.”
A driver lost control and managed to completely take out the bottom of the power pole on South Main Street while leaving the top and all the wires suspended in midair. Wake Forest Police Department did a great job of keeping the scene safe till the power pole was replaced later by Wake Forest Electric.
A strong odor of gas was smelled first thing on Sunday morning at Wendy’s and all before they started brewing their chili. No worries, all good and back to serving square burgers later in the day.