Who is meeting in Raleigh this week? We thought it would be interesting to see who is holding their conventions in Raleigh this week.
- The Triangle American Marketing Association High Five Conference is taking place at the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, Feb. 27-March 3, with 400 attendees.
- The Council for Entrepreneurial Development Life Sciences Conference is taking place at the Raleigh Convention Center, Feb. 27-March 1, with 700 attendees.
- N.C. Technology in Education Society will meet at the Raleigh Convention Center, Feb. 28-March 3
, with 2,500 attendees.
- The Southeastern Commission for the Study of Religion Annual Meeting will take place at the Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley, March 2-5, with 200 attendees.
- The Thermoset Resin Formulators Association Annual Meeting will take place at the Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown, March 2-8, with 170 attendees.
- The 4th Annual N.C. Emergency Nurses Association Leadership Conference will take place at the Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh/Crabtree, March 2-3, with 55 attendees.
- The N.C. Pediatric Society Practice Managers Retreat will take place at the Embassy Suites Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle, March 2-3, with 60 attendees.
- The American Board of Anesthesiology Candidates Examiners will meet at the Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown and the Hyatt House Raleigh/North Hills, March 5-9, each with 80 attendees.
In addition to those meetings, there is some great sports action on tap for the Greater Raleigh area this week:
- The USA Baseball Irish Classic will be in Cary this weekend March 3-5. The tournament features host team Notre Dame and 7 other teams: NC State, University of Rhode Island, Monmouth College, William and Mary, UMass-Lowell, Dayton and the University of Maryland. There will be a total of 13 games played with 11 being hosted by the USA Baseball complex and the other two being hosted at NC State’s Doak Field. Single day passes are $12 and full tournament passes are $30. For advance tickets, click here.
- The Shaw University womens softball team will host the 5th annual Softball Challenge at Thomas Brooks Park and the Middle Creek Athletic Complex. 20 teams will be participating. Get more info here.
- The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Wrestling Championship will be Sat., March 4, at Reynolds Coliseum on the campus of North Carolina State University. The 1st round begins at 11am and concludes with the finals set for 7pm. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for youth 17 and under. There is free admission for children 2 and under and students with a valid ACC School ID. NCSU is the official host institution of the championship.