Sonic Fire – Save the Tots!

August 10, 2013 was a sad day for all tater tot fans when the Sonic on Capital Blvd. was a bit crisper than desired.

According to public statements the deep fryer caught on fire and spread through a vent.

Engine #1 was first to arrive and initiate fire attack. Heavy fire was present in the kitchen area of the restaurant but was quickly extinguished.

Other brave units on scene included Engine #2, Ladder #1, Engine #3, Engine #5, and mutual aid units from Stony Hill. No one was injured in the fire. Except of course for the tots.

According to Sonic spokesperson Patrick Lenow, “A minor fire did occur at this location causing the Ansul system to deploy. The repairs should be complete within the next 14-21 days and SONIC looks forward to re-opening and serving the community.”

Well Patrick, we look forward to the re-opening as well. But while you are at it, any chance you could fix all those broken menu boards?

A big hat tip to the Wake Forest Fire Department and Chief Ron Early for their truly exceptional good work and unwavering commitment to sacrifice to often save us all from our own stupidity.

[new_royalslider id=”3″]

Leave a Comment