Just a Little History: Gasoline on North Main? Oh, No!

Wake Forest Gazette

(This is taken from the second chapter of “Connections . . . 100 Years of Wake Forest History,” which was written for the 2009 centennial when the town name was changed from the Town of Wake Forest College (1880-1909) to the Town of Wake Forest.)

One of the most visible improvements was the new … Click here to read the full Wake Forest Gazette story