Swagelok North Carolina | East Tennessee is actively seeking a full-time shipping and receiving clerk who will also perform customer service duties. We are a distributor of Swagelok fluid system components including Fittings, Valves, PTFE and PFA Hose, Regulators, Tubing, Quick Connects, Measurement Devices, Filters and Orbital Welding.
This position will maintain sole responsibility for the warehouse management functions and also be a part of our customer service team. Associate’s Degree Required.
- 80% Shipping and Receiving
- 20% Customer Service
As a shipping and receiving clerk this position is responsible for all incoming and outgoing packages from our facilities which includes but is not limited to: receiving in FedEx and UPS on a daily basis, conducting inventory cycle counts, pulling sales orders from pick lists, packing customer orders, shipping customer orders via UPS Worldship, FedEx, or by truck as required. Candidate must perform duties with a high degree of accuracy, mechanical capabilities, and attention to detail as well as be a self-starter that is highly motivated and able to prioritize workload with a minimum management supervision. Candidates must be able to lift stainless steel tubing, operate shop equipment including a pallet jack and hand trucks, place dock plate for truck deliveries, minimal hand tool usage, and primarily work alone. Position also requires standing on concrete floors most of the day and/or continuous walking.
In the customer service function, this position provides a critical role in customer interface, and is part of a team responsible for providing a variety of services, solutions, support, and information in a manner that builds trust, confidence and long term business. The customer service role is the primary internal customer contact point for service and information regarding products, prices, availability, and product uses.
Shipping and Receiving: 80% of time
- Receive in Packages via FedEx, UPS, Truck, Etc.
- Print, Pull, and Fill orders
- Prepare orders for customers to pick up and contact customer that order is ready.
- Prepare orders for salesmen to deliver
- Track and trace packages and parts
- Schedule carriers for package pick up and deliveries
- Cycle Counting of parts in inventory
- Print and assemble production orders (SPO and PROR)
- Maintain warehouse equipment: Carts, Strapex
- Maintain shipping supplies: UPS stickers, Envelopes, Boxes, SS-tags, Computer forms, tape
- Arrange drawers, shelves, closets, stock and the general warehouse to optimize shipping and storage.
- Keep warehouse neat and orderly
- Cut Tubing
- Fill gauges
- Kit orders
- Make Stainless Steel tags when required
- Attach tags to valves with lanyards
- Responsible for receiving in returned products
- Work with branch offices on the warehouse team to streamline operations
Customer Service: 20% of time
- Prepare quotations
- Enter orders
- Schedule and expedite product to meet customer need
- Review customer contracts
- Ensure resolution of customer complaints/concerns
- Trace shipments
- Resolve technical inquiries
- Process product returns
- Manage non-conforming product
- Promote Swagelok product and services
- Collect Strategic information and customer data and input in CRM
- Assist customer in selecting appropriate product or assembly to meet customer requirements
Education: Associate’s Degree required
Skills/Knowledge: Dependable, self-motivated, good communication skills, is a team player, demonstrates innovative thinking and sound judgment, willingness to learn, able to multi-task, good memory, comfortable with working alone.
Inventory Control experience required
Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Excel software a plus
Experience with UPS Worldship software a plus but not required
Experience with FedEx Ship Manager software a plus but not required
Experience working in an ERP system
Basic IT knowledge, hardware and software is a plus
Excellent Communication Skills, Self Confidence, Emotional Self-Control, Achievement, Optimism, Organizational Awareness, Service Orientation, Influence, Teamwork and Collaboration
*Note: Heavy Lifting (50 – 75 lbs) will, at times be required to complete the warehouse tasks, within the standards as defined by OSHA Regulations for Occupational Safety.
Salary: $ 30,000.00 /year
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Swagelok North Carolina | East Tennessee.
For more information, click here.