Serve as Regional BB&T@Work leader, with primary focus on growing retail households, while providing meaningful value to commercial clients. Responsible for selling the BB&T@Work benefits to companies and their employees through a variety of sales activities, and through referral relationships with internal and external partners. Serve as BB&T@Work liaison in Community Bank Regions to create awareness of program, increase product knowledge, and foster sales activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential job functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Identify and prioritize qualified BB&T@Work company prospects.
2. Make sales calls to the decision-makers of companies to sell the BB&T@Work benefits package and establish employee communication strategies.
3. Develop sales strategies with internal partners and through self prospecting efforts.
4. Conduct sales presentations and account opening sessions for employees of participating businesses and meet sales goals.
5. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the BB&T@Work program, account opening procedures and competitive products in local markets.
6. Develop relationships with internal partners in order to maintain their awareness of BB&T@Work and foster referrals.
7. Provide leadership to retail teams and train individuals designated as BB&T@Work Champions to develop an extended sales force.
8. Integrate retail and business teams for seamless delivery of the Perfect Client Experience.
9. Represent Bank through community and professional involvement in groups and associations to develop contacts for potential business.
10. Proactively cultivate Centers of Influence to keep an active source of referrals.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Three years of banking or financial-related work experience, or proven success in a sales-driven position
3. General knowledge of all services offered by BB&T
4. Understands financial needs of retail and commercial clients, and possess ability to identify/refer beneficial opportunities for these clients
5. Ability to professionally interact with senior management of companies and all segments of retail market
6. Ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals across multiple cultural backgrounds
7. Demonstrated ability to use basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software packages
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills
9. Strong presentation skills
10. Ability to speak fluent English
11. Ability to travel on a frequent basis, including overnight
Desired Skills and Competencies:
1. Graduate of BB&T’s Leadership Development Program or similar training program at a financial institution
2. Ability to speak fluent Spanish
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
For more information, click here.